bravenewlunch@gmail.com

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Farm to School Fair

Pat Lanni of Lanni Orchards in Lunenberg, MA speaking to a student
While most schools were on summer break this past July, the Perkins School for the Blind in Somerville, MA was still in session and held it’s first Farm-To-School fair.  I’ve never been to a farm-to-school fair before.  While I was there as a volunteer greeter, I was also there to watch and learn.  

Holding a Farm-to-School Fair is one way to introduce a school community to local agriculture and generate support and interest for farms to work with schools.  
At Perkins, students, staff, and parents sampled just-picked cucumbers and tomatoes with basil puree; they tasted juicy peaches, blueberries and golden raspberries; they sipped on cool mint tea while making mint tea bags at the Hands-On Herb table. 

Can't wait for winter to be over! 


1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete